- I’m not sure I love this idea enough to actually follow them, but Matthew Baldwin did a neat thing: he created two Twitter bots, one playing Zork, and the other responding as the game. I’m actually more interested in replaying the game itself, but still, it’s pretty neat.
- Why Nigerian e-mail scams are so crude and obvious? Turns out, it may be on purpose. [via]
- So the hitchhiker who said he was writing a book about human kindness only to be shot by a driver…actually shot himself. So, um, I guess that’s one for humanity then…? [via]
- I’m not convinced any of these sounds are necessarily worth preserving, but the Museum of Endangered Sounds is an intriguing idea. [via]
- And finally, Three Simple Tips to Writing Your Own Aaron Sorkin Character Name. He must have hated writing a character named Mark Zuckerberg.
What can you say? The man has a formula.
Comment spam on the weblog just gets curiouser and curiouser:
I’m just commenting to let you understand what a excellent discovery our girl had using your blog. She even learned a good number of issues, which included what it is like to possess an ideal coaching character to get most people completely have an understanding of a number of very confusing issues. You undoubtedly exceeded our own expectations. Many thanks for producing the priceless, trusted, edifying not to mention unique thoughts on that topic to Emily.
That on a post from September 2004. It’s difficult to see just what “Emily” learned from that. I wasn’t entirely sure it was spam, despite being on a post now seven years old, but a quick search found the same or similar comments scattered across the web.
So, deleted. I’m not your search engine optimization farm, jerk.
- No more Caps Lock? FAREWELL, OLD FRIEND. [via]
- I bet you didn’t know Inception and Sex & the City 2 are essentially the same movie, did you?
- The day Niagara Falls ran dry. [via]
- One man was responsible for one-third of the world’s spam. Then again, I haven’t actually noticed a drop-off in my own spam since his arrest. [via]
- And finally, the bar for wedding proposals has been lifted: