- While there’s a new strain of E.coli in Germany recently, high levels of Prozac are apparently killing off the bacteria in the Great Lakes.
- Noel Murray on ‘A My Name Is Alex’, a “very special episode” of Family Ties. It’s an interesting look at a show that hasn’t aged well, nor as badly as one might necessarily think.
- Crap Is Not the Same as Stuff You Don’t Like [via]:
If you don’t like something that’s fine. I’m never going to tell you your taste is wrong just because it doesn’t match mine. But if you don’t like something, Jesus fuck, tell me why.
- Doctor Who to give it a rest with all the Daleks. I can’t say this is exactly a bad thing.
- And finally, how can you resist a headline like this: What’s Flinging Comets Out of the Oort Cloud? [via]