- This story of Prussian Blue, five years later, makes me happy: you can teach hate, but you can’t necessarily make it stick. [via]
- The Incredible Magdeburg Water Bridge in Germany [via]
- 10 Buildings Shaped Like What They Sell [via]
- Along similiar lines, Product Packaging #2:
Surely there must be a name, in advertising parlance, for the figure of the anthropomorphized food item that happily consumes a non-anthropomorphized version of itself? [via]
- And finally, Le Flaneur: Time Lapse Video of Paris Without the People [via]
- Indian entrepreneur turns pachyderm poop into paper. Yeah, I think I’ll probably stick to my Moleskines. [via]
- Gosh, Mark Twain really didn’t like Ambrose Bierce’s Nuggets and Dust Panned Out in California:
…for every laugh that is in his book there are five blushes, ten shudders and a vomit. The laugh is too expensive.
Call me crazy, though, but now I sort of want to read it.
- Why is Warren Beatty so determined to hold on to the rights to Dick Tracy, even if he’s never going to do anything with them?
- Blue eyes are not actually blue? A little weirded out by the idea what I actually have are transparent eyes. [via]
- And finally, Ray Bradbury: prune salesman. No, seriously [via]:
- Oh sure, when you pee on a colleague’s office door it’s a crime. When you pee on another author’s grave, however, it’s an artistic act. [via]
- Could we really have two suns and no night by 2012? Get ready for a Mayan apocalypse/sparkly vampire crossover! [via]
- We all work for Facebook now. [via]
- A Guide to Lunchtime Social Groups, Through Life [via]
- And finally, Bing caught cheating off of Google, totally has to go to the principal’s office afterward. [via]
- Roger Ebert: No Longer an Eater, Still a Cook
- I’ve been told that the best thing to do when you get an earworm is to sing or hum “The Girl from Ipanema.” Of course, then you get that stuck in your head. Unhear It seems to work along similar reasoning. [via]
- Worried about full-body scans at the airport? Okay, now imagine that technology deployed in street-roving vans. [via]
- Mysterious full-size Dalek replica left anonymously at English school.
- And finally, herding cats in IKEA [via]: