Some things that made me happy this weekend, in no particular order:
- The stunning weather. It’s since grown a little colder, but we had beautiful spring weather all weekend long.
- Dinner and good conversation with friends on Saturday night. I got a fortune cookie fortune that said, “You look pretty.” And the restaurant was very kind to recalculate our bill when we asked to pay separately.
- I mailed out 50+ packages, with some 80-90 copies of Kaleidotrope. Easily one the more time consuming and least fun parts of running the zine, it was made a lot easier by not having to wait in line at the post office and friendly postal workers. (To be nice, I split the mailings between two local post offices.) There are still reviewer copies to go, but current subscribers and contributors should all be getting their copies soon.
- The two movies I saw this weekend.
- My mother is feeling a lot better. Some family came to visit with her on Saturday, and she’s been a lot more up and about recently. Luckily the weather was nice enough for her to go outside briefly over the weekend.
I’m not sure if I’m going to keep doing this meme. On the one hand, I see the benefit of actively looking at the things that make you happy in a given day; I think there’s something to be gained from that kind of introspection. On the other hand, I’m not sure I want to devote entire blog posts to it. We’ll see.