Things that happened in 2017:
- I turned 40. That was weird.
- I revisited State College, Pennsylvania, where I used to live thirteen years ago. That was weirder.
- My parents got a new dog, Finn. So by extension I got him too.
- One of my uncles passed away. He was 83.
- I went to Florida. I went to Paris. I went to Finland. I went to Charlottesville. I went to San Antonio. I liked all of those places.
- I published three short stories, including one I sold over a year ago.
- I saw 150 movies. That might be a lot. These were the ones I liked most:
- I read 339 short stories. That’s not bad, but less than in years past.
- I read 25 books. That’s better than I thought, to be honest, and a little up from recent years. But I still like to be reading more.
- I listened to some music. These were the songs I liked most:
And that was 2017. Nothing of any other consequence happened that year. Nope, no sir.
So yeah, obviously things were kind of a mess globally, politically–and will likely continue to be so for some time–but things were also fairly okay personally. I’ve had better years, maybe, but I’ve had worse. I’m hopeful for 2018. Partly because…well, you’ve gotta be. But I really do think it’s going to be a better year.
I hope it is for you too!