- I could be reading this wrong, but I think the New York Times compared Joe Frazier to Hitler.
- And Ethel Merman to Kim Kardashian.
- When is honey not honey? Apparently when it’s most of the honey sold in stores in the U.S.. [via]
- So presumably you’ve heard of If Day, right? It was “a simulated Nazi invasion of the Canadian city of Winnipeg, Manitoba, and surrounding areas on February 19, 1942.” Yeah, I’d never heard about it before either. [via]
- And finally, Cormac McCarthy’s Yelp page. Hysterical:
He pulled another cold french fry from the greasestained Happy Meal box. He ate it slowly. The sun rising behind him over the limestone bluffs. The barren valley and the road winding through it still in morning’s blue shadow. He wiped his hand on his jacket and checked the breech of the big Weatherby. Bullet as long as man’s finger sitting there. He lay down on the blanket, the rifle’s barrel resting on the saddlebag, and glassed downcountry with the telescopic sight. The dusty road was empty. He waited. [via]<.blockquote>