- The first four Harry Potter books condensed. Lovely. [via]
- Geeks, Girls, and Media Misogyny: The Saga Continues:
I can accept that questioning a actor or actress about their geek bona fides when part of their job involves selling their project to the public, including the geeky public, and especially when it’s a geeky project may seem like a good idea, except for one thing: it’s only women whose geek cred is called into question, time and again.
If nothing else, arguing that sexy women can’t be geeks seems to be forgetting one simple thing: smart, geeky women are sexy.
- Writers and Kitties. Does exactly what it says on the cat food tin. [via]
- I think what I like most about this article from the New York Times about booksellers who are also authors is this revelation from author Jonathan Lethem:
“I have the habit of accumulation,” he said. “When I first met my wife, my kitchen cabinets were full of books.
- And finally, seriously Marie Claire? Seriously, “nutritionists”? Easily the most ridiculous is the woman who skips lunch and then eats an entire box of macaroons for dessert at night. There’s a lot of calorie counting going on in almost all of these, but very little healthy eating. [via]